Saturday, June 15, 2013

Waking Up in a New Lance

A little more relaxed today as I have no schedule to keep. Just getting to know the new trailer and a few of my neighbors. As expected, people in this life are all happy to talk and make acquaintances quickly. A gent I met on my walk this morning relayed the entire conversation he'd had with another neighbor about his Scamp (a tiny travel trailer). My next door neighbor stopped by to talk about the tires I have on my truck and how he has an identical set with 50,000 miles on them that aren't showing wear yet.

Here's what our campsite looks like.
It's really pretty spacious. The front doors of our trailers (right side) all open up on a strip about 8' wide with grass, a firepit and picnic table. The back has enough room to roll out our slide-outs and connect the utilities.

I finally got the bed made last night was exhausted by the time I finished.
The downside of having a transverse bed instead of one you can walk around is that it takes forever to make the bed. And whoever designs fitted sheets should give a person a clue as to what the end and what the side is. Struggle to get one end hooked up and then discover the side won't reach the next corner. Take it off and start again. That could be irritating, but--Hey!--I'm a guy. How often am I going to make the bed?

Woke up with the sun shining through that window next to the bed and managed to stay mostly asleep for another hour before I got up at six. A little stiff. Definitely going to have to get another pad for the mattress. Bed is just too firm. Made coffee (French Press) and sat outside the trailer under the awning for a while before I made a pork chop and egg for breakfast. Took a nice long walk around the park and plan to practice hitching and unhitching my rig this afternoon. Dinner? Haven't thought about it yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment