Saturday, June 8, 2013

First Leg Plan

As little as I care about destinations, there are stops along the way that I want to make. So route-planning and taking my time poring over travel books and maps is a pretty common pastime for me these days. I have local events in the Seattle area scheduled the last weekend of July and first weekend of August, so that has been a significant factor in scheduling my departure for August 10. Then I was offered, and accepted, a free two-week space at a fairly new RV park north of Spokane near Newton. Spring Ridge Estates looks pretty cool with two acre sites complete with all connections for two weeks. http://www.nwlands.com/id446.htm

While I'm there, or as I go there, I'll be accompanied by my daughter for a week of father/daughter bonding. That's when the yellow loop comes in. We'll take the drive up through Canada and down through Idaho back to the campsite (6). We might spend a night camping in Canada. Appropriate that it makes a heart-shape.

When I pull up stakes from Spring Ridge, I'll be headed generally southward along U.S. Hwy 95 through Idaho. I figure getting as far as Lewiston will take me the rest of the month of August. I'll be covering more miles with shorter stays in September, but it will still be pretty relaxed. I'll cover that part of the trip in another post. Just thought I'd show you where the trip will begin. Now I'm using the AAA Tour Books to find out what there is to see along the way!

Suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment