Wednesday, June 12, 2013

The Baby Arrives Friday!

Actually, it already arrived in Yakima, but I can't get over there to pick it up until Friday. I'm very excited to go hook up to my Lance 1685 and spend my first weekend on the road.

So I wouldn't be too far from the dealer, I've booked into the Yakima Sportsman State Park for the weekend. hhttp://www.parks.wa.gov/parks/?selectedpark=Yakima Sportsman. It's not the cheapest place I could stay for the weekend and I seriously considered just heading west to Mount Rainier National Park, but when I pick up the trailer it will be empty. I'm taking as much with me in the back of the truck as I can think of, but on this first trip, I'm going to need access to some shopping (like Bed Bath & Beyond) in order to get basic equipment settled.

It's a pretty park and I'll have lots more pictures on Saturday showing the trailer and where I'm parked. I expect to spend part of the weekend documenting my preflight and postflight procedures. Don't want to pull out of my space with the awning out or still hooked up to city water. I'm going down to "Water 2 Go" this morning to pick up a container of cooking/drinking water.

After I get the book I'm working on initially laid out this afternoon (A Nickel's Worth by Mark Sawyer) I'll be making more trips to Goodwill and to storage as I try to empty my office so the daughter and new renter can move stuff in over the weekend while I'm gone.

Which brings me to "Stuff for Sale". I have several items I am attempting to get rid of and would love to have your offer on them. For example, I have a good, powerful desktop computer with 23" Samsung monitor, HP Scanjet, cable modem, and speakers. $350 for the whole setup!
 
We'll be holding a friends and family sale the last weekend of June, featuring artwork, furniture, rare books, and other stuff we suddenly discovered we could do without. Let me know if you are interested in anything or would like details.

More to come from Yakima on Friday!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment