Sunday, September 22, 2019

Update: No real news


I’ve had a few really good days this week and a couple that really sucked. First off, my friends here at camp have just been incredible and check in on me often, so I never feel abandoned. Margie has made me soup. Pam has taken me to the pharmacy. Doug and Colleen have stepped up to help winterize my trailer, and Mike and Sue are helping to get me to Seattle next weekend. Unbelievable assistance at a time I really need it.

I’m headed to Seattle on Saturday so I’m with family as I get ready for the procedures the following week. I’ll have a pulmonary function test and consultation, then will have the cardio work done the next day. Have received some confusing information indicating that I’m scheduled for ablation on Wednesday the 9th when I was told in the doctor’s office that it would be cardioversion. That means a few phone calls tomorrow and you know how I love getting on the phone.

I guess I should be asking about my swollen ankles as well. Michele says that could signify congestive heart failure. She is concerned enough that they are going to drive out to Snoqualmie Saturday so I’m not making the last fifty miles of the drive to their place alone. I broke down crying when I read that. I hate being sick.

And it is interfering with my time with Amy. She arrived on Thursday and we’ve had a wonderful time getting to know each other better and having each other for company. She loves it up here at Sun Meadow almost as much as I do. The day she got here, I was feeling great. Since then, not so much. Last night, I hardly slept at all. Makes it very difficult to do anything fun. I am amazed, though, at her capacity for caring and to care for me. Little touches mean so much to me.

My writing has slowed to the couple hundred words a day that I can get down before falling asleep. Nonetheless, that meant today I finished the last of the Double Take books and am sending them off to editors. I know I have other projects sitting here I should be doing, but I’m not sure when I’ll have the endurance to focus on them.

So, as I face turning 70 on Friday, I do so with a little trepidation and a lot of hope that I'll be on the road to recovery in a couple of weeks. Just hanging in there.

Well, that is the extent of my update for now.

1 comment:

  1. Best wishes. Hope the medical stuff is successful, you recover soon, and you can get on the road.

    ReplyDelete