Saturday, August 10, 2013

Day One-To Daroga State Park

Well, we shipped. We had a minor delay at T-minus fifteen minutes and held while I mopped up the gallon of water I spilled when I moved my bottle of water to the shower. Well, the floors needed to be mopped anyway and as to the rugs . . . Oh well. We finally rolled out of the drive at 10:45 a.m.


But we didn't actually leave. We stopped by Safeway downtown so M could come out and wish us a safe journey and snap our picture. Q had the brilliant idea of having me pull through the Safeway loading dock so I wouldn't have to deal with the tight quarters. Worked perfectly. That's where this first pic is taken.


We got tangled in a bit of construction when we found out I-405 is closed through Bellevue this weekend, but we got around it and managed to get to Everett where I got gas and we picked up U.S. Hwy 2 at it's western terminus. We traveled the route all day.


 Our next stop was at the 59er Diner fifteen miles east of Stevens Pass. Rick and Annie met us for a late lunch. Annie heads for Spain the first week of September. Wow! We had a great time talking and giving them the grand tour of the new home.


We pulled into Daroga State Park at exactly 5:00 p.m. The campsites here are spacious, grassy and beautiful. It took about ten minutes to get the Lance unhooked, powered, watered, and ready to go. We immediately checked email and messages!


 The first order of business was the ritual cutting of the hair. My gosh! I look more like Aldus Manutius every day. I wouldn't have needed makeup or a wig to play him today. (That's an inside story for all you former Aldus employees. We're still out there!)




Well, with the hair piled up I could try to deny that all that silver was mine, but what good would it do? We cleaned up and I unpacked my new table-top grill and made dinner. That's grilled tomatoes, chicken sausage with feta and spinach, and portabella mushrooms with sesame garlic teriyaki sauce. Good eating!


The first thing I bought for the trailer six or eight weeks ago was sheets for the spare bed. The dinette makes up into a full double bed. Cool! Unfortunately, when I made it up this evening, I discovered that I'd pulled Twin sheets off the shelf instead of doubles. This is not the first time I've pulled the wrong size at Bed Bath and Beyond. They all look the same and sit right next to each other. Geez! Q is surviving with short sheets, though and we've finally got the trailer cooled off enough that it will be comfortable sleeping tonight.


 Well, the day has been a little longer than I anticipated, but we're out here in Central Washington and are now totally relaxed. It was so wonderful to receive so many good wishes from people today. I was answering so many emails and text messages this morning that I forgot to mail the taxes. Hmm. Must mention that to M tomorrow!

See you all then!

1 comment:

  1. And you're off! Bon voyage, and be sure to drive like everyone else on the road is an idiot.

    ReplyDelete