Sunday, December 6, 2020

The Big Reveal and Upcoming Release

I started writing a book in November 2019 that has now been through several rewrites and four different titles, but at last it is ready for prime time! A Place at the Table.


The agreed-upon title and cover for A Place at the Table are now official and the book is off to the press. I've also used about ten different synopses to describe the book, but I think this is the one I'm using going forward.

Though the America Liam Cyning lives in is quite similar to the America of half a century or more ago, it is also fundamentally different. Ten clearly defined classes are the underpinning of American Society, determined by the educational system. As a newly assigned member of the Leader class, Liam is still uncertain what his role and responsibilities are.

Meredith Sauvage, a childhood friend and nemesis has been assigned to the Advisor class and is hired as Liam’s personal assistant. Her job is to guide and mentor the young man while navigating the tricky waters of a personal relationship and the conflicts of a class society.

This story is a Bildungsroman, a literary genre that focuses on the psychological and moral growth of Liam Cyning from youth to adulthood. With his grandmother as an example and Meredith by his side, Liam earns a place at the table as he exposes the fundamental weaknesses of the very system that made him who he is.

And that info and links to the pre-sale sites are at http://www.nathaneverett.com/atthetable.html.

And that brings me to December 22, 2020. I'm having my one-day-late Winter Solstice party and release party online that day and hope you'll join me as I get the details straightened out. I'm still waiting for ordering info for the paperback, but the eBooks are set and ready to go. There will be prizes, guests, and readings at the release party. I hope you'll be able to join me!

I'm releasing a Devon Layne book this month as well, though with somewhat less fanfare. The first erotic romance I wrote as Devon Layne was posted at StoriesOnline.net back on December 2, 2011. In celebration of the ninth anniversary, I've released a newly edited and expanded version of the story in both eBook and paperback.

D.R. Peters, “Doc” to his friends, is an artist who also sells real estate. He paints lovely portraits of beautiful women. The women love their portraits. Doc loves the women. Everyone is happy.

Until smart and sexy neighbor Rita asks Doc to teach her the art of love, to which Doc willingly agrees. But he is caught off guard when the young research scientist begins experimenting with the effect of intimacy on the portraits Doc creates.

As his lovely assistant Rita teaches him the science of the art of love, Doc evolves a whole new and exciting style of painting that launches him into galleries and museums. He is an expert at the art and science of love.

Sale information is on my Devon Layne website at http://www.devonlayne.com/asl.html
I'm continuing to write and am in relative isolation, waving at my neighbors from a distance and looking out across the sound. This week has been fairly clear and some of the views have been stunning. The mountain (Mt. Baker) seen across the Sound has been glowing pink this week.


Stay safe. Stay well. Wear your mask!
Nathan



No comments:

Post a Comment