Sunday, November 8, 2020

Week one: 16,357 words

That's a start. It's not moving as fast as I thought it would, but I also got nearly 5,000 words in on my alternate story, so the total isn't bad at all. I mean, think of all that happened this week!

1. I moved to my new winter site on Sunday. Nice place. I'm spending hours just staring out the window at Mount Baker across the Sound. At least, hours on clear days.


2. The weather was warm and sunny. Then it was cold and cloudy. Then it rained. Then the wind started blowing. Then it was cold and sunny. It's a bit confusing, but driving through town yesterday to get my groceries, I saw again how beautiful this town is, even in the rain.

3. Went over to Lynnwood to pick up my repaired computer from the mailbox. Computer is working great, but they were unable to recover my data. New drive. Still, I have it for working on my NaNo projects! and I've started automated hourly backups to a remote drive. Just hoping that means I never have another accidental spill on my keyboard!

4. I took the south route across the Sound from Kingston to Edmonds on Tuesday and the north route up Whidbey Island back to Port Townsend on Wednesday. Both routes are incredibly beautiful. North is a little more costly because it involves two ferry rides. I happened to hit both perfectly and the trip was no longer timewise than going to Kingston.

5. You see the strangest things on the water. I had no idea what this ship was when I saw it, but have been informed by people who know that it is a new stealth destroyer for the Navy, a Zumwalt Class. I didn't know the Navy had white ships for stealth in the Arctic and Antarctic.


6. I've been learning a lot about photography because the MC in my new story, It Ain't Immortality, But..., decides to take up photography and I've had to learn some about it. Not much. I'm not writing an instruction manual. It's funny, though, that I've approached it a lot like I was writing an instructional manual and trying to figure out what should be in the user manual and what is irritating because it isn't in the manual. But writing the stories as he begins collecting them is making this an interesting project.


7. Oh, yes. Lest I forget, we apparently elected a new president. I'll believe it when I see him sworn in.

And that's my adventurous week. I'm once again caught up in writing several hours a day as I relive my own memories as others talk about theirs. Hope your week is going well!

No comments:

Post a Comment