Sunday, September 13, 2020

Who needs to breathe?

Don’t know if you’ve heard about the air quality out west. With hundreds of uncontrolled wild fires burning, the sky is overcast with smoke. It would be bad enough if it stayed up in the sky, but no. It has to come down here were people are trying to breathe.


A friend took a picture in Worley, just up the road from my summer camp. It wasn’t encouraging.


Last night I even slept with a mask on—most of the night. When I lost it, I covered my head with a blanket. Which gave me an even better idea for today. It’s hard to drink coffee while wearing a mask, but if I had a tent around me, I could filter out some more smoke and still have breakfast.


I happened to have this large piece of lightweight fabric and draped it over my head and computer. Here I sit in my little hidey-tent, in my LaZBoy, working on the blog post.

Well, I’ve little else to mention this week. I have to get a prescription filled tomorrow and that involves a drive into Coeur d’Alene, where the air quality is even worse. Here’s to global warming! (Which, of course, doesn’t exist.)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment