Sunday, August 30, 2020

What’s a backlist for?

This week, I took some time to explore my backlist to see what condition it is in. Enlightening!

First of all, I now have ten Nathan Everett novels released for free reading on my nathaneverett.com website. For the past two years, I have been working to provide all my novels in a free online reading format, especially for seniors and others on fixed income who can’t or won’t buy eBooks or paperbacks. During the enforced isolation of COVID-19, I’ve realized this is even more important as people struggle to deal with the new stresses.

The release of these books in a free reading format is made possible by my generous patrons at Patreon.com. Their sponsorship goes directly toward paying for the website and the conversions of these books as well as providing an honorarium to the author. They have quickly become the backbone of my writing endeavors. Over the next week, I’ll be modifying the title page of each of my books to include the statement: “This book is provided in a FREE online reading format through the kind efforts of my Patreon patrons. Enjoy!”


Currently, my nine published books are available.

·       City Limits

·       Wild Woods

·       For Money or Mayhem

·       For Blood or Money

·       Municipal Blondes

·       Stocks and Blondes

·       The Gutenberg Rubric

·       The Volunteer

·       Steven George & The Dragon


To this list, I have added a previously unpublished volume, now available only for online reading on the website. You can read Willow Mills at http://nathaneverett.com/releases/willowmills/index.html

I have other unpublished stories I am currently reviewing for new release. Three of my earliest works, I’ve released under my pseudonym Devon Layne. Back when I originally wrote them, times were less conservative and I felt there was enough sex in the stories that it could make my Nathan Everett readers uncomfortable. The Props Master series is now available on my Devon LayneWebsite.

·       Behind the Ivory Veil

·       Ritual Reality

·       A Touch of Magic

These books join twenty-nine other Devon Layne titles currently available for FREE online reading at http://www.devonlayne.com/releases/

And there are more coming!

It’s a real wake-up call to see how many books I’ve written that have not been circulated widely. Over the coming weeks, I will be releasing eleven more books from my Devon Layne backlist, five of which have never before been released in eBook or paperback editions!

I’ll be adding a few new works as well. Two Nathan Everett novels, For Mayhem or Madness and Rise and Awaken, are currently in editors’ hands. I expect to release both later this fall, both commercially and in the free online version. Another new Devon Layne novel is currently being edited, and I am in the midst of writing two new books as well!


I’m happy to be able to release these books for free online reading and invite you to take a look at them. If you can join my patrons, I invite you to participate in providing these books and more to the reading public. And I hope you enjoy the reading experience as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment