Sunday, May 12, 2019

Friends and Family


Serene. Serenity. Visiting Michele, Jason, and Quinne is always an incredibly peaceful time. No matter which side of my face I sleep on!

Lake Serene is placid. The deck is a place to spend hours. And I have. In the meantime, I’ve been continuing to write a chapter a day in one book and am carefully proofreading another. Wow! What a bunch of errors!

Serene. Serenity.

The dogs are always willing to help keep the peace. Just reach over and pet Apollo and Lucy. Instant calm. And they can’t be happier than with the estate they have to play on these days.

Of course, all that water means the adults need to play a bit as well. Jason got a couple of kayaks and we went shopping for life jackets. Then it was all about Jason and Michele learning how to paddle and control the little boats.

For a while, I thought they’d invented a game of bumper boats, but they eventually got straightened out. Next task is to learn to use the fishing gear!

Remember back in December when Quinne and I had our big wilderness adventure in Prieta Cabeza Nature Reserve? We had quite the experience squeezing the big truck through roads that weren’t made for a big truck.


I’m afraid the truck came out pretty scratched up, but as my friend Colleen said, ‘It’s engraved with happy memories.’ Nonetheless, Quinne promised that when I came up for my visit this spring, she would buff out the scratches. True to her word, she started in on Friday and has now completed three of four steps in the process.


This is with just step one completed on the back panels. What a difference! So, some of the smile lines on the truck have been botoxed and smoothed out. The memories are still there and we’ve been reliving some of them as we chat this week.

I’ve decided to stay here another couple of days and Quinne will take a day off so we can find something fun to do. Hopefully, that won’t require the whole buffing process to be completed again! I’ll head back to Sun Meadow on Thursday.

Stay tuned next week for information on the release party for Wild Woods, Municipal Blondes, and Double Time at Chandler Reach Winery in Woodinville WA. Some fun times will be happening! Especially if I get all these proofreading errors in Municipal Blondes corrected!

No comments:

Post a Comment