Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Reboot

I’ve slowed down my travel for the past two years. After leaving Hawaii in 2016 to travel to Thailand, Greece, Central Europe, Germany, and Iceland (among others) I got back to my little camp in Idaho pretty tired. So, I spent three months there, just laid back and writing my mythical memoirs. Then I had the brilliant idea that I should spend the winter in one place, so after a month winding my way south, I ended up camped in Southern California for four months.
Chiang Mai, Thailand

I got pretty lazy as I enjoyed the lifestyle of living in a sunny nude recreation area for the winter. After driving around the southwest for a few months, I ended up back in Idaho for the summer at Sun Meadow Nudist Resort. Over my third summer there, I discovered that I really feel like I’m home when I’m there. I have friends, activities, and plenty of time to write. I’m more sociable at Sun Meadow than anyplace I’ve been over the past five years. So, I’ve booked back there for the summer (five months) for the next two years. Even did some improvement to my little campsite so I have a nice patio now.
Relaxing on the patio at Sun Meadow in Idaho.


The question is, am I still looking for the first exit off the beaten path, or have I found it?

I’m planning to make tracks again. Not sure exactly what the next two months will bring as I leave Southern California and make my way back to Idaho, but during that time, I’ll also be planning another round-the-world adventure for this fall. Plan to dip south of the equator this time!

The important thing is that I plan to reactivate my travel blog. Now, I need to decide exactly how to do it.


Reboot or Start Over?

I plan a couple of significant changes in the way I blog, partly because I learned that I don’t really like writing about travel as a subject. I far more enjoy using what I see and experience as a jumping off point for long philosophical conversations with myself. I’ll attach a few photos to my stories, but expect my posts to be more along the lines of the past several that have appeared here on First Exit rather than the earlier day-by-day travel posts.
At my usual writing desk in the morning.

You might expect that I would bless you with the accumulated wisdom of my many years on this planet, but you are most likely to encounter my many doubts and questions.

As you might or might not know, I write books under two different names. My ‘serious’ literature is authored by Nathan Everett. My ‘erotic romance and adventure’ stories are authored by Devon Layne. I split my personalities so that fans would know what kind of book they were getting before they buy. I find that my serious literature isn’t all that serious and my erotica isn’t all that erotic, but if the story has any explicit sexual content, Devon gets to claim authorship.

It is too difficult to maintain multiple blogs for my multiple personalities, so I will only use one. Hence, both Devon’s and Nathan’s experiences will influence what appears here. I expect that everything written and shown in my photographs will be suitable for general audiences with no more than a PG rating. But I will talk about new books by both authors as I’m quite prolific in my writing.

For example, you can expect City Limits by Nathan Everett to be officially announced in about two months. A man arrives in the small City of Rosebud Falls just in time to rescue a toddler from a raging river, only to discover upon emerging that he has lost his memory. Nonetheless, ‘Gee’ soon becomes an integral part of the unusual community, often as the hero but not infrequently as the scapegoat.
I love the covers for this series!

About the same time, Devon Layne will release The Props Master 2: A Touch of Magic. Sequel to Behind the Ivory Veil and Ritual Reality, A Touch of Magic explores the unusual gift of healing empathy embodied in Serepte Allen. Healing people is a painful compulsion for Serepte, but only when she exercises the gift out of true love will she part the veil that has imprisoned her father for nearly twenty years. Book covers will also be shown here.

So, the question becomes one of rebooting this blog with a new design and broader scope than originally intended, or retiring it and creating something all brand new. Frankly, I tend toward the former, but I invite your input.

And if you’d like to contribute to my endeavors, please consider becoming a patron of Devon Layne at http://www.patreon.com/aroslav. Patrons at the $10 level have already seen and read the first draft of City Limits as it was written and along with patrons at the $5 level will receive the finished book a week before it is officially released. Patrons have access to all my works before they are released to the public. Join me and know that your contribution is going directly to support my next world tour!

Let me know what you think!

1 comment: