Sunday, January 3, 2021

Happy New Year! 2021 Reading Challenge!

 I know I tend to make long rambling posts on New Year's Day or thereabout, talking about all the things that happened in the past year. But, let's not revisit the past in that way. Today, let's revisit the past in a completely new way!


Welcome to the Nathan Everett 2021 Reading Challenge! It's all new, so what's this about revisiting the past? It's in the books you read. I've already selected them.

This special Reading Challenge is for my patrons at all membership levels. That's right. If you are a $1 per month patron, you get the same access as my $25 per month patrons. Here's how it works.

Step 1: Join my Nathan Everett Patreon Community at any tier at http://www.patreon.com/nathaneverett
Step 2: Watch for the monthly announcement of what book we are reading.
Step 3: Download the free Special Patron Edition of the book of the month.
Step 4: Read and join in the discussion on my Patreon comments, Goodreads, Facebook, or wherever you find people to talk about books!
Step 5: Tell me (via email) that you have joined the challenge and I'll send you a badge to display on your Patreon page, Facebook, or other social site.

And most of all, enjoy collecting the entire library of Nathan Everett novels on your reading device!

The first Patron-only edition selected for January is my award-winning intellectual thriller, The Gutenberg Rubric. This edition will not be distributed through any commercial outlet, but is exclusively offered to my patrons. This edition with a unique ISBN has been re-proofread, including having my German phrases cleaned up by a native speaker. It has a special patron dedication and an author's afterword describing and telling a bit about the printers' marks used as chapter headpieces throughout the book.

Did Gutenberg leave a secret?

Just months before the famous Bible that bears his name was finished, Johannes Gutenberg was sued by his partner for misappropriating funds to a private enterprise. When Gutenberg refused to share the secret project, the court awarded the entire Bible-printing operation to Johan Fust, leaving Gutenberg with nothing but his secret. Was it an alchemical formula? A new technology? A heretical treatise? Or something far more dangerous? Why would Gutenberg sacrifice everything?

Brilliant, eccentric professor Keith Drucker and rare books librarian Madeline Zayne are reluctant heroes in a centuries-old search for Gutenberg’s other book. Crossing continents to follow clues from an encoded rubric and stolen manuscript, the couple faces injury, arcane rituals, and biblio-terrorists as they race to find the fabled treasure.

But if they find it, will they survive to tell the world?

Each month, on the first Sunday, I'll release another Nathan Everett title in a special patrons edition. You'll collect all twelve! It's just another way of saying how much I appreciate my patrons.

I'm looking forward to a year of reading and interacting. Let's create our own bright spot!

author Nathan Everett

No comments:

Post a Comment