Sunday, July 19, 2020

It’s in the pool


There is a sign in our shower room that says, “Sunscreen clogs the filters in the pool. Please shower thoroughly before swimming or using the hot tub.”

Makes sense.

I watched as a guest stood from the lounge chair he occupied, soaking up the rays and walked over to dive into the pool. I couldn’t help myself.

“Uh… I noticed you didn’t shower before diving into the pool.”

“I showered before I came to lie beside the pool.”

“But you put sunscreen on, right?”

“When I’ve been lying in the sun sweating, I want to get straight into the water. I don’t want to delay things with going to the showers again.”

“But the pool rules say to shower so the sunscreen doesn’t clog the pool filters.”

“Oh, showering doesn’t help. Sunscreen is waterproof.”

“Then why reapply sunscreen when you get out of the pool?”

“Well, I don’t use that much sunscreen anyway. What I use won’t hurt the pool’s filtration system.”

“So, everyone could wear the amount of sunscreen you wear and no one would have to shower before using the pool?”

“Everybody isn’t going to do that. The rule is there for a reason.”

“I see. But you depend on everyone else obeying the rule so you aren’t inconvenienced by it.”

“What are you getting at?”

“You don’t wear a mask either, do you?”

No comments:

Post a Comment